CEU Certified! (13 and 7.5 credit options)
Upcoming dates: August 7th, 8th, 21st and 22nd
This extensive training was created for the mighty Children’s Grief Center Volunteer Bereavement Facilitators, but is also available to the public and is accredited by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). The training is offered every year in January and August. With supervision and support, compassionate listeners from all walks of life serve as bereavement facilitators. Volunteer Support Group Facilitators are the backbone of our program. As one volunteer wrote, “This is the most rewarding thing I do.”
The first two segments of the training will be conducted over Zoom, the last two will be in – person at the Center for Hope and Healing in Albuquerque, with an option to join over Zoom for CEU-seekers.
There are 2 options for CEU seekers learning how to support bereaved youth:
OPTION 1: The entire 13-hour Training ($260+ tax for CEU Seekers, $45 for Bereavement Facilitators)
- 13 CEUs (2 of which are Cultural CEUs) for the entire course which includes information specific to guiding principles at the Children’s Grief Center and is required for those who wish to facilitate grief support groups at the Center.
- Role of the Support Group Facilitator
- Communication Skills
- Experiential Activities
- Exploration of Personal Experience with Loss
- Includes all topics listed under 7.5 CEU option as well.
OPTION 2: 7.5 hours of training ($150 for CEU Seekers)
- 7.5 CEUs (2 of which are Cultural CEUs) of core Childhood Bereavement Information
- 4 Tasks of Grief
- Support group activities that facilitate sharing (Kid Fun!)
- Alumni Panel (hear what works and what doesn’t work form former CGC families)
- Cultural Panel
“The best education I’ve received in childhood bereavement has been through the Children’s Grief Center.” – LMSW in Albuquerque.
For more information please contact us via the email form below or by calling 505-323-0478.